Thursday, October 15, 2009

Purpose and Efficiency

BGI and learning for me has taken on a whole new meaning this year and I just now feel like I'm understanding what it means. I am realizing that what we're really all here about is experiential learning. Our ALPs last year were great to get a little taste of the consulting world, but personally I don't think I took enough advantage of the opportunity that I had last year at BGI. This year however, I have a better sense of who I am, what I want to do in the world, and what my sustainable MBA will contribute to that. I am incredibly appreciative of the curriculum this year so far and the cohesion between our classes.

This said, I have been very involved in my new internship, our entrepreneurship project, and playing shows. It's a good life and I'm feeling great about where I'm at, but I am now realizing that I need to increase my efficiency and time management techniques, which is where I see this class coming in!

I have really come to enjoy my google reader and am constantly tweaking my subscriptions to my taste. Additionally, my network on delicious has led me to a plethora of interesting, informative, and hilarious sites. While I can see how this could lead to an efficiency in me not having to look up all these sites/articles on my own, it is actually bogging me down because I'm interested in so much of it!

What I really want to focus on in the next week is my ability to SCAN, FOCUS, ACT. I will definitely keep everyone updated about where I get to with this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment